These household items can be toxic for your pets.
Grapes or raisins
Onions and onion powder
Raw yeast dough (i.e. bread dough)
Anything sweetened with Xylitol (i.e. gum, candy, etc.)
Tobacco Products including cigarettes and cigarette butts
Oven Cleaner Sprays
Home Insect Products
Fly, Snail, and Slug Bait
Mouse and Rat Bait
Flea and Tick Products
Cold and Flu Medications
Many Over the Counter and Prescription Medications
Marijuana, Cocaine, and other illegal drugs
Outside the Home
Antifreeze is HIGHLY toxic even in small amounts
Cocoa bean shell mulch
Swimming pools or hot tubs
Visit www.aspca.org/apcc for a complete list of toxic plants
For pets that have ingested a toxin, it’s very helpful to have the package available for reference when you call us at (808) 671-7387.
You can also call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 1-888-426-4435. They are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The ASPCA does not charge a fee for the call.